“I will fight for the things that matter the most to our future: our children and our environment.”
They say less is more. That must be true because the more we elect the wrong people, the less we benefit in the Tampa Bay area! Voting to reduce funding for our local schools doesn’t improve them. Deregulation doesn’t make our drinking water safer. And telling locally-elected municipal and county officials that bureaucrats in Tallahassee know better simply doesn’t make sense! Debra Bellanti knows how to solve problems. It comes with the territory when you’re a small business owner, a mother, and someone with the title of Creative Director. She instinctively looks for better ways to say things and smarter ways to get more done. We need more people like that in the Legislature.
MEET DEBRA BELLANTI: CREATIVE, DRIVEN AND RESPECTED
- Small business owner; Founder and Creative Director of a marketing agency
- Native Floridian, 25-year resident of the District, married with a daughter in public school, PTA member
- Chaired signature galas that secured much-needed donations to Tampa General Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, and the American Cancer Society’s Cattle Barons Ball
- Provides pro-bono work to Meals on Wheels, The Humane Society, The Salvation Army, American Association of Kidney Patients, and many more
- Former Guardian ad Litem volunteer
- Odyssey of the Mind Coach
- Designed the original Florida license plate featuring the orange
GOALS TO BETTER SERVE OUR COMMUNITY
- Restore respect and funding for public education in our community
- Protect Home Rule by keeping Tallahassee in their lane
- Defend responsible growth to ensure safe water, land, and coastline
- Create consensus on transportation initiatives for Tampa
- Keep our children safe whether they are at school, at home, or places of worship
Why Run? Why Now?
It isn’t easy taking that first step to run for office, but I have faced much harder challenges over my lifetime. I grew up in a household full of love, but short on financial where-with-all. “In-between-checks,” was code for we aren’t eating tonight, or you aren’t getting those new clothes for your first day of school.
But that challenge didn’t keep me from moving forward. I graduated in the top 10% of my high school and was one of the first to go to college and later, the first to own my own business.
Now, I am the first to run for public office.
I am running because I want to restore respect and funding for Public Education. In Florida, money is being taken from our public schools and sent to for-profit charter schools without any accountability. As a mother of a child in public school, this trend to defund our public schools is devastating and one of the main reasons why I am running for Florida House.
I am running to defend smart development. Understanding that the State of Florida is growing, we need to address development and make sure we are protecting our land, coastline, and waterways. Our resources are limited and finite and we must remember that as we address our projected growth.
I am running to keep State Legislators from pre-empting local municipalities. Those closest to the people are the best to govern them. Tallahassee, FL, our State Capitol, shouldn’t be able to decide if a City puts up billboards along their highways or within their cities… the voters in that particular city should.
I am running to address the challenges that the growth of the State of Florida brings. Transportation and Affordable Housing to name just a few.
Now, even more, I am running to correct, create, or enforce the laws regarding gun responsibility in the State of Florida. School shootings are becoming way too regular and we must find a way to address this uniquely American issue.
Join me, support me, and let’s elect leaders to get something done!